Every computer is different, and sometimes a computer's hidden settings cause it to have trouble with your course.
You may notice that your course looks slightly different. Our Learning Management System has undergone some significant
Click here to see what's new.
Returning users will notice that, for the most part, your course-taking experience will feel exactly the same as before. If you do happen to run into a problem, please email us and let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An internet connection speed of at least 10 Mbps is recommended for taking courses. Check your internet speed here.
Our system runs on Windows, Mac and Linux using a modern browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, IE 11, etc.). Many courses
are also compatible with mobile devices, with more becoming mobile-compatible in the future. Access to mobile-ready courses does not require downloading an app--simply log-in with your web browser.
If you experience issues running your course, please try one of the recommended configurations below. Using a Kindle may work, but is not recommended.
We recommend the following configuration for taking a course:
- Windows PC: Google Chrome
- Mac PC: Google Chrome or Safari 3 and later
- Linux PC: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- iPad/iPhone: Mobile Safari only in iOS 5.0 and later*
- Android tablet/smartphone: Google Chrome*
*Some courses are not yet mobile-friendly at this time. Please check your state's
course listing page
for more details.
Find out what browser you're using here.
Download Google Chrome for free here.
Computer Troubleshooting Questions and Answers
Click here for non-technical Frequently Asked Questions
My quiz score did not update.
There are a few possible reasons for this problem:
- The course may have "timed out" due to inactivity with the server. Be sure to log out of the course if you are going
from the computer (no activity in the course) for 15 minutes or longer. When the course times out it will continue to run,
quiz, but because the connection has been dropped, the quiz score will not update.
- Your pop-up blocker may be causing an issue. Try adding suncoastlearning.com to the pop-up blocker exceptions list or disable
blockers you have.
- There could be a problem caused by toolbars enabled in your browser. The easiest way to fix this problem is to disable any
toolbars from the Tools/Extensions/Add-ons menu.
If you're using Internet Explorer and your score is not recording properly, try these steps:
- Close all your IE windows and restart your computer.
- Open IE once the computer comes back up.
- Go to the Tools menu (you might see a gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window), then click on Internet
- On the General tab, click the "Delete..." button in the Browsing History section.
- Be sure that there is a check mark next to only "Temporary Internet files and website files" and "Cookies and
Then click the Delete button at the bottom.
- When the temp files are deleted, log back into your course and check that it's working correctly.
When I launch the course, all I see is a blank screen.
This is most likely because you are using a personal computer and Adobe Flash Player is either not installed or it is disabled in the
browser. This page will test whether or not Flash is enabled, with instructions on how to fix it if not. If after enabling/installing Flash, you still only see a blank screen, restart your computer and try launching the course again.
Is it OK to leave my course up all day?
If you will be leaving your course for a period of time with no activity, you must log off to ensure that the course will not
the course times out due to inactivity it is not noticeable until you take the quiz and your score does not update. It's a good
off when leaving your course for more than 10-15 minutes.
The attachment in the module are in Word format and I don't own Microsoft Word.
If you don't own Word, Microsoft provides free software that allows viewing certain files without owning the full version of the
Download Microsoft Word Viewer.
My log-in won't work.
Be sure you are trying to log-in to our Learning Management System here, and not your Rural Water Association member page.
Also make sure that your Caps Lock key is not on and that you are correctly typing in your
If you still can't log-in, try recovering your password.
Still Having Trouble?
If you haven't done so already, try restarting your computer. If you have any Windows updates that are waiting to be installed,
allow it to
so at this time.
Sometimes computers may not be able to run the course because of a firewall, not having the appropriate
administrative privileges, or system corruption such as a virus.
Try launching the course from a different computer or location such as your home or local library.
As always, don't hesitate to call if you need further assistance:
For screen sharing while on a support call with SunCoast Learning, open support chat here.