Every computer is different, and sometimes a computer's hidden settings cause it to have trouble with your course.
You may notice that your course looks slightly different. Our Learning Management System has undergone some significant upgrades. Click here to see what's new. Returning users will notice that, for the most part, your course-taking experience will feel exactly the same as before. If you do happen to run into a problem, please email us and let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our system runs on Windows, Mac and Linux using a modern browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE 11, etc.). Certain courses are also compatible with mobile devices, with more becoming mobile-compatible in the future. Access to mobile-ready courses does not require downloading an app--simply log-in with your web browser.
If you experience issues running your course, please try one of the recommended configurations below.
We recommend the following configuration for taking a course:
- Windows PC: Google Chrome
- Mac PC: Google Chrome or Safari 3 and later
- Linux PC: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- iPad/iPhone: Mobile Safari only in iOS 5.0 and later*
- Android tablet/smartphone: Google Chrome*
*Only certain courses are mobile friendly at this time. Please check your state's course listing page for more details.
Computer Troubleshooting Questions and AnswersClick here for non-technical Frequently Asked Questions
- The course may have "timed out" due to inactivity with the server. Be sure to log out of the course if you are going to be away from the computer (no activity in the course) for 15 minutes or longer. When the course times out it will continue to run, including the quiz, but because the connection has been dropped, the quiz score will not update.
- Your pop-up blocker may be causing an issue. Try adding suncoastlearning.net to the pop-up blocker exceptions list or disable all pop-up blockers you have.
- There could be a problem caused by toolbars enabled in your browser. The easiest way to fix this problem is to disable any questionable toolbars from the Tools/Extensions/Add-ons menu.
If you're using Internet Explorer and your score is not recording properly, try these steps:
- Close all your IE windows and restart your computer.
- Open IE once the computer comes back up.
- Go to the Tools menu (you might see a gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window), then click on Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click the "Delete..." button in the Browsing History section.
- Be sure that there is a check mark next to only "Temporary Internet files and website files" and "Cookies and website data." Then click the Delete button at the bottom.
- When the temp files are deleted, log back into your course and check that it's working correctly.
When I launch the course, all I see is a gray screen.
This is most likely because you are using a personal computer and Flash Player is either not installed or it is disabled in the browser. We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your browser, which comes with Flash Player built-in. If you must use Internet Explorer, this page will show you whether or not it's enabled, with instructions on how to fix it if not. If after enabling Flash, you still only see a gray screen, follow the instructions found above for "My quiz score did not update."
Is it OK to leave my course up all day?
If you will be leaving your course for a period of time with no activity, you must log off to ensure that the course will not "time out." When the course times out due to inactivity it is not noticeable until you take the quiz and your score does not update. It's a good idea to log off when leaving your course for more than 10-15 minutes.
The attachment in the module won’t open.
Try holding down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard when you click on the attachment. Most attachments are Microsoft Word documents. If you don't own Word, Microsoft provides free software that allows viewing certain files without owning the full version of the software. Download Microsoft Word Viewer.
I got an error: "This website encountered a temporary resource allocation failure and was unable to complete your request.
Please retry your request later."
Your computer timed out because the course was open for too long. Log back in to your account and launch the module again. You should be able to advance up to the point where you left off. Take note if you see a pop-up message telling you that "Your session will expire in 1 minute."; at that point you should close the module and open it back up so that your quiz score will be recorded when you get there.
My log-in won’t work.
Be sure you are trying to log-in to our Learning Management System at suncoastlearning.net, and not your Rural Water Association member page. Also make sure that your Caps Lock key is not on and that you are correctly typing in your username and password. If you still can't log-in, click on the Recover Password link on the Welcome page.
Still Having Trouble?
If you haven't done so already, try restarting your computer. If you have any Windows updates that are waiting to be installed, allow it to do so at this time.
Sometimes computers may not be able to run the course because of a firewall, not having the appropriate administrative privileges, or system corruption such as a virus. Try launching the course from a different computer or location such as your home or local library.
As always, don't hesitate to call if you need further assistance: 706-219-0077 or 1-800-269-1181
The inconvenience of going out of town for training is substantial, and the economics of online courses is phenomenally good.Guy Smith, Hawkinsville, GA
Not Computer Savvy?
Don’t worry; we can walk you through the process over the phone. We will make sure your learning experience goes smoothly. Phone support is available daily.
Call 706-219-0077 or 1-800-269-1181 from 7 AM to 11 PM Monday through Saturday, 1 PM to 11 PM on Sunday (Eastern Time Zone).